The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
RSRXION

Lightbulb Parts dealers and pricing

Gentlemen, I have obtained catalogs from many of the larger dealers around the country and I have spent a great deal of time comparing prices between 7 of them. It seems like LMC and Classic ( formerly Chevy Duty ) are typically the least expensive. I compared approximately 75 items and as a rule these two dealers were more competitive than the other 5 in about 95% of my comparisons. Often LMC and Classic have the same prices to the penny but Classic offers free shipping on orders over 300.00. Has anyone else found such a dramatic pricing difference when comparison shopping ?

Lastly, I have acquired the rights to about 20-30 parts trucks. These trucks are currently in an old salvage yard nearby that is being liquidated to build a new housing addition. Many of them are currently covered up by weeds and blackberry thickets so I can't begin to tell you what shape they're in or how much is left. In many cases you can't see enough of them to tell what year they are or even Chevy or GMC . I can tell by the roof line but that's about it ! The owner has agreed to let me check them over good before the crusher gets them this winter. The current price of steel makes crushing them a very lucrative proposal. I wouldn't get my hopes up for tachs and tilts but I did find a very nice core support for my hauler the other day. I'll keep you posted as the fall and winter kills off the foliage.

By the way, the 454 and TH400 have found their way into the hauler and I hope to hear it run this weekend. Cross everything you've got and wish me luck !

Dean

Last edited by RSRXION; 07-27-2006 at 03:38 PM.
RSRXION is offline   Reply With Quote