The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
BowTieOgre

A few questions

I have a few questions for you all before I get rolling.

1) Im about to start ordering rubber for my project truck and in the catalog there is an option for 68-72 std cab w/large rear window, 68-70 deluxe cab or 71-72 deluxe cab. I have a bare '72 cab but im not sure how to tell if it is the std or deluxe version. Any ideas?

2) I am doing an LT1 swap and was curious if you could either put a fuel pump IN one of the blazer conversion tanks or if not would an exterior pump be advisable?

3) Im using the rear end out of a '96 Caprice due to the fact that it is posi and has discs and I am wondering if I could use the Caprice booster and MC or do I need to buy an aftermarket one? I have the front disc conversion sitting in a box waiting to install.

4) I have the stock motor mount stands in place but im not sure what mounts I need to seat the LT1.

Thanks for the help!

BTW, Im thinking of naming my project Wooden Nickel due to the fact that im installing a wood bed and during disassembly I found a mint condition nickel of the same year as the truck.