The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

Funny story thought I'd share....

Well, I don't know how close any of you have looked at my truck in previous posts (and I'm still a newb to this group) but take a look at these pics.

Take a good look around the small rear window and at the rear fenders. You'll notice that there are quite a lot of dents and even fire scars! (I swear, not my fault, it was the P.O.)

And you may ask, why the fresh coat of paint?

Well you see, this is a daily driver and I wanted it out of comission as least as possible, but comfortable none the less. So I did the body work on the interior, ordered glass and rubber, and gave specific instructions on only painting the interior and the window lips. That way I could put in the glass and have a good rust sealer (a.k.a. the fresh paint).

Well, half of the staff at "the paint shop" did not speak English. So they show me my truck and apologize for accidently painting the entire thing.

Now I, being a teenage bagboy with sh!t for salary, was grinning from ear to ear. My outside got painted for free! And since I realized it'd be along time before I was ready to do the exterior body work (and winter fast approaching) it was practical for my situation. Granted, when I go to fix the body, I'll have to grind off the paint. But I was not complaining. That was a free $500 paint job. Even with the numerous dents, they're hard to see from afar and the blue looks much better that rusty-primer grey.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.

Last edited by ThatOneBlue67; 07-29-2006 at 02:20 AM.
ThatOneBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote