The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
ICUDOGG

Frame Comparrison..New to the Fullsizes

Hey I am new here....So here is the short story...

I am a Minitrucker with a bagged 96 S-10...shaved, painted,.....blah blah blah...

So now to the point....I got a 1971 Short bed c-10 I rescued from a field of certain death.....No motor or tranny......Front right fender is trashed, Bed is a little beat up, and the rockers are gone.....The deal was I pull it out and haul it away and it is mine for free!.....Well I took it!

Big problem with it is the frame is kink right behind the control arms....BAD!

But I am going to bag it, Body drop it, shave it....Basically chop it up so I thought no biggy!

In my search for a frame I found a 1981 C10 long bed with a 305 and an auto tranny, air conditioning......Body is rough..>But she only want $100...basically the same deal just haul it out of my yard........

So since I plan on building a new frame to stock floor the truck from the firewall back,......How similar are the fronts on these trucks?....Can I pretty easily match up the bodies? with a little fab work....i plan on doing the Z while I am at it......

That read kind of confusing so I want to take the 81 frame....and make it a stock flor frame that is bagged and put the 71 on it...since the 71 frame is trashed!

So what are your guys thoughts? For $100 go for it! and start torching it?

Thanks guys....if you want to see my current show truck it is at www.fokispg.com
The orange s-10 is mine!

Later
C

Last edited by ICUDOGG; 07-31-2006 at 01:46 PM.
ICUDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote