The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

Little Progress today.

I finished replacing the driver door regulator and door latch mechanism. I borrowed them out of my Blazer doors since that will not see the road for a while and gives me an excuse to buy new parts for it. Haha! I also stripped some surface rust off the door where the previous "good ole' boy" always rode with his arm hanging on the freakin door. A lot of guys ask how to kill surface rust as well so I included some before and after shots of the rust. I sanded it down with 40 grit, then hit it with a roloc strip disc to get in the grooves and then sprayed phospo on it to neutralize the rust. Next step will be to spray metal etch primer, 2k primer over that and then lightly sand and fill with some 2part poly putty and prime again. I also am including a spot I did on the hood as well. I also tried to finish up my shaved tailgate on the Blazer and was going to put it on the Cheyenne. That is a whole other story that did not get done. Trying to get it to look decent by next weekend. They are having a cruise and show in Beaumont, Tx. Next weekend. We will see if I make it. Will keep you posted.
Attached Images

Last edited by 72CSTC5; 08-06-2006 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Post pics
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote