The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
stingray72
Red Headed Step Child

I fired my body/paint guy today (rant mode on)

Long story Long.. I took the a fleetside bed to my paint/body guy in April and asked what it'd cost me to get media blasted and painted and he quoted me a price that was acceptable. I talked with him about my gas tank relocation and that I wanted a filler on the bed and he said bring him the truck and tank so he could look and i did the next day. He calls and says he has a guy that can do the tank relocation adn that would make it easy to do a filler on the bed for him so I said go ahead...

4 months later and 250 phone calls....

My bed is painted and honestly looks good. I expected no less. My truck has not moved. The guy going to do the tank relo told me that he has called "paint guy" for 3 weeks wondering where the truck is. I questioned "paint guy" about this today and he tells me "I've been busy racing". and then proceeds to ask for payment for what he's done already. I told him figure up a bill I'm coming to get everything tomorrow

I took it to someone b/c I though it would be finished faster. I was wrong. So if anyone in the Atlanta area has done a gas tank swap and want to shed some insight over a case of beer, jug of sweet tea or whatever just let me know and I still have the filler in the bed to worry about...

-Homer Simpson
stingray72 is offline   Reply With Quote