The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
HUEVUDO

My Red 68 Died On Me

I pulled a few teeth and got my wife to go out with me to a local night hang out. I wanted to take both of my trucks the yellow 67 and my red 68. But we only took the red 68. And about 10 minutes into the ride I hear a tapping noise. I let my foot of the gas pedal and coast to the left side of the road and the same time the engine dies. The truck showed no oil pressure when it died. My oil pressure gauge sometimes stick and I have to tap it to make it work.. I put some oil into the engine start it good oil pressure and make it twenty seconds to a parking lot where it dies again. Tow it home take the oil pan off , find chunks of metal in the pan, a nut and a bolt. Tell me that this does not suck. Now I am like should I rebuild it, can it be rebuilt, buy a crate, how much? I am now just using my 67 and just being pissed at my 68. What should I do ? It is a 327 pulled out of a 60's Corvette.///

Last edited by HUEVUDO; 08-20-2006 at 09:27 PM. Reason: My other picture did not show up
HUEVUDO is offline   Reply With Quote