The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
abadsvt

The perfect combo? Is it impossible?

I was thinking the other day what route i would like to go for my truck. The truck is going to be a show truck but also a tow truck for my boat (2007 Mastercraft X1). I am building the truck with a budget about 15-18k while i already have the truck. That is all the money i am going to spend on it. I also plan on doing all the work myself execpt the motor which i am hoping to get help from my father. He used to build racing motors. I used to do paint and body for a living so i have that underneath my belt. I have also been around classic cars most my life and have fixed alot of things i didn't think i can fix. So i am not worried about building it but more worried about how to make it perfect. The perfect combo of class and style while being practical yet impractical. I plan on driving it a fair amount. Not all the time but it will be my only vehicle besides work trucks and the wifes car which i drive all the time. I want the impossible. Tons of horse power and torque, great gas milage, very realiable, never over heats, turns over every time, sounds awesome and being able to take it for a 8hr drive without concern. My question to you all is how do i make my dream motor. Can i do most of it without all the electronics that the newer cars have? How would i build the motor to acheive some or most of those things? Am i hoping to get the impossible? Curently in the truck is a 350 LT1 motor. So if i can use as much of it as possible then it will give me more money for another part of the truck. Is my budget to small to achieve what i want? Sorry for all the questions but i am going crazy trying to figure out every step i should take. I am one of those guys that likes to have an exact game plan before i start. Anyways thanks ahead of time for all your comments.
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote