The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
RSRXION

Parts trucks

OK guys here's the first pics of the two parts trucks I bought this weekend. The gold truck is a 68 GMC . It's not really too bad of a truck but I don't think I would try to build it. It's originally a small block automatic truck with long wide bed , and power steering.

The original bed has been replaced with a Chevy bed and as you can see the drivers' bedside is spectacular ! It has a small scrape above the marker but it is really a very nice piece from all appearances. I used a lightweight refirgerator magnet and stuck it all over the bedside. I found no bondo at all anywhere. No rust is bubbling and there is only a slight amount of surface rust as seen in the pics.

The power steering parts are intact including the pump, brackets , lines , box etc...

The engine is a small block Chevy and the trans is unknown. They are both still in the truck.

The cab has some rust in the usual places and it is a NON-AIR CAB. It has a nice fender and some good trim parts as well.

The other truck is the red 71 you see in the photo. It is also a LWB small block with auto, P/S , P/B , 8 inch ralleys and A/C. I'll post the details when I get it home Friday.

Please let me know if yopu need the bedside or other parts from either of these trucks. I'll be robbing some of the parts from the 71 for my 72 hauler but I won't use anything from the 68.

By the way, notice my 79 Indy 500 F-150 in the photo. It's amazing what a little 302 and a C-4 can do if it wants to.

Thanks, Dean
Attached Images