The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
jasonrmorrow

Pics of valve setup and a question...

Hey hows it goin everyone, just got the on board air done tonight, had it on schraeders for all of 2 weeks and got sick of it.

Heres a pic of the gauge panel i made to match the dash insert i made, the 4 switches to the left are for the bags.

And this is how i manifolded my valves, someone told me the brass 90's are known for cracking in this kind of setup, i might run some sort of brace i don't feel like taking it all apart again.

One of the 1/8" gauge fittings i bought was missing the ferrule so i got no left rear pressure gauge, i just plugged the gauge fitting. I also want to get a tank pressure gauge, and i might step down to a 110-145 pressure switch, i got a 165-200 with the 380c but i dont really need to run that kind of pressure with firestones which are good to 150 i believe.

Its all 3/8" line and 3/8" valves, drops way too fast for my liking, gonna put some speed controls on the dumps, I have a leak in both the front circuits as well. Too tired to look it over with soap and water tonight...and its dark.

How tight are you supposed to go with the compression fittings ?? Especially the gauge fittings which have no "insert" built into them, i was afraid of collapsing the airline so i went snug but not tight yet, they seem to have the same "snug feeling" for most of the threads, thats why i was worried about overtightening. Is there a spec ?? I have a good feel for torque i work on cars for a livin, just have never worked with airline....thanks guys.