The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
shadetree pro

New guy with new project

hey guys,
nice group ya got here .....so, i just came into my first chevy truck a few weeks ago by chance (step-brother's mother/neighbor's boyfreind went to jail and she needed a running car, i traded an 88 honda accord). so i don't know much about it, as i won't except his collect calls to ask...lol. but i was told it had a vortec 350, and i know it has a 350 trans, torker 2 intake on a 650 edelbrock, w/ headers.
truck didn't run when i got it. i did; new starter, battery, trans pan gasket & filter, replaced broken passing gear lever (inside trans), exhaust(no collectors, no cats, 3' of 3" to duel flo's), fuel pressure guage, new ele.fuel pump(in that order), and a bunch of detail crap, this is a true redneck hotrod, and the previous owners seem to have had less cash than common sense, but i see potential. i could go on, but let's get to the pics and questions.

here's some before pics

had to clean up the interior some

??

so, i'm wondering if the centerbolt heads can give an idea as to what kind of heads they are, and/or the kind of block, i can't find any flange or markings at all, like i saw written about in the I.D. this engine thread, it sits too far back in the well to get on top of the back with anything....so, any ideas?

also, the suspention is going out, i've seen alot off talk about lowering with kits, for existing susp. but is there and upgrade in the acual components that will get me the drop i want, since i'm replacing the stuff anyway? money is a bit of an issue, at least for right now. but if i could kill 2 birds.....ya know.

and thanx to everone on the carb adj. thread, that helped me out alot.