The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

Underdash A/C install pics (almost finished!)

Finally! I have been working overtime on this little project lately. It has been a long time coming. I've had the unit for a while, just haven't had time to work on it.

Couple of notes first - This is NOT by any means finished yet. This is my mock up after getting my hoses crimped, and I will test everything like this. I plan on using the heat shrink hose ends everywhere for a lot less clutter. This isn't clean - it isn't tidy, and there are some things out of order - just deal with it. I normally wouldn't post pics in this state, but I have promised them to a lot of folks, so I am holding to my word.

Here's a link to the pics (If you want an album view or whatever):
http://slickorange.com/ac2/acip_index.html

1-3 are of the unit itself.

4 is of the plain firewall (before painting it - notice the cleaned up version in the later pics...yes, all taken tonite. )

5 is the vacuum stuff (defrost and heater valve).

6 is the dryer and condensor just to see the brackets and hardlines, etc. Pretty much the stock dryer mounting location. I am sort of crazy I guess - those hardlines and that dryer WERE polished aluminum - now they are 500° black.

7 is the control panel. It is totally electronic. Can't use the factory controls with this system because of that. I swapped my controls and radio so I didn't have to cut the dash.