The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
norville

I might need to be saved

Hey folks,

I've been looking for quite some time for a decent truck, after a few failed attempts and waisting lots of money. (actually it's been a few years)I'm wondering if If I'll find something in my area. I know I can go south west and have one shipped. I just don't want to do that. I want to physically touch it. And my budget doesn't justify a plane ride. Oh I'm a fat lazy American also

So, I came across a 65 ford 250 with a warmed over 390 with a c6. The tranny and engine were rebuilt 10K ago and the paint is only 2 years old, new rear 4:10's. It's a cali truck and has only been in Pa a few years. Newer tires brakes yada, yada. It's ready to run/drive. It's still got manual brakes/steering, but that can be fixed. Listed at $3200 but I think I can get it for $2800. The dude is a "chevy man" and bought it while fixing his impala now he needs the cash.

I still have my 77 k20 burb that slowly being pieced together and "unrusted". But that won't be on the road till next spring/summer.

I'm conflicted.I love the chevy community, but that ford is tempting me. I know the answer is: just be wait for the right truck. I've got the itch. I need/want a truck.

Just needed to clear the air.

bob