The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
RR67gto

Need Some Help With 67 C10 Swaps Ideas

Greetings friends, it's been a while since I've had a chance to get here. I'm ready to make some changes on my 67 C10, and need some help deciding what should be simple questions. But, ones I don't know and have not been able to get answers to from local parts stores.

First of all, I noticed that the truck sits low in the left rear. Looked at springs, shocks all looks like everything else on the truck. Any ideas what may be causeing this?

Then, I installed a Power Steering box from a 69 C10 using the 69 mount for the pump. Well, it's such a tight fit, that there is very little room for adjusting the belt. And, really hard to get at. Si there a better bracket or way to mount it for more adjustments?

This also brings me to another Power steering question. The steering box I used came from the 69 also. And, it's so very slow that I wanted to know if anyone has used another faster ratio box that's on latyer applacations? Or, if I ordered a rebuilt one for say a later year truck, would it be faster lock to lock?

I have a junk yard in my area that has a few of the older C/K series trucks left so I can also get used parts but once I kow what years were faster steering, the cost of a new rebuilt is only about $129.00.

So then, a better bracket for the PS pump adjustment? And, faster ratio box for my 67 long bed. Small back window, and wood long bed.

Good day friends, < Mike in Oregon >
RR67gto is offline   Reply With Quote