The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
beeftip

I'm mad at the first owner of my truck...

Why didn't he just go for the gusto?

1970 CST-10
HD Springs and chrome wheel covers is about the only real options that this joker ordered. Otherwise it's plain-jane. 3 on the tree, manual drum brakes, no A/C, 6 lug axles(ok, he didn't have a choice about that).

So now I have to spend all kinds of money to upgrade to automatic trans., 5 lug power disc brakes, A/C, bucket seats(cuz my wife is vertically challenged and it sucks being a passenger when she drives), 3.73 rear end(I have no idea what I've got, I'm afraid to look), etc.

The first owner should have foreseen that I'd be buying the truck 35 years later without researching it first. Actually, he should have waited a year and bought a 1971 so I could have disc brakes. He should have ordered air conditioning too! He obviously had no concern for my needs.

I'm going to end up dumping $25,000 grand into a truck I paid $6000 for just to get it the way I want. What did these things cost new? Like $850?

Is this vehicle a good candidate for a "restification"? I'm thinking "Copperhead" but with a milder engine and more stock interior. Or would I be better off selling it and finding something with better starting options? It just seems a shame to molest such an orginal truck, but the bottom line is that it sucks to drive it more than 50 miles.

Here's some pics. Thanks for letting me rant, I already know what I'm going to do anyway, but I just like to see myself type. I'm just hoping one of you will enable my new addiction... I mean hobby.

Darren
Attached Images

Manual Drum Brakes
Permanently foggy windshield
Weak Wiper Motor
Squeaky Clutch and Brake Pedal
Really Cool Green Paint
It's for sale!
beeftip is offline   Reply With Quote