The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2002, 05:05 PM   #1
murph396

broken ball joint !?!?!

has anyone ever had this happen to them? well yesterday, leaving a parking lot, the drivers side lower ball joint broke, or should i say ripped outta the A-arm. when it happened, i thought the wheel fell off. i get out to see what the heck just happened, and the wheel and tire are tucked so nicely, it looked like it was slammed (wish i had a camera with me!). upon further investigation i see that the lower A-arm is resting on the ground, as it is no longer attached to the spindle. luckily i wasn't going fast so no one got hurt including my truck, but i had to get it towed out of the road. i have yet to fix it but i haven't found anything damaged. i have ball joints, spindles and bearings, as i was going to replace them this weekend or next. my concern is what else should i check for damage, while repairing the ball joint?

Murphy's Law: Any tool dropped while repairing a car will roll underneath to the exact center.
murph396 is offline   Reply With Quote