The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
qksilver

67 4X4 questions

Finally feeling better and started to sort out my parts for my 67 SWB CST 4X4.
I bought the truck in West Virgina and went by waht i saw and what the former owner said. The spid is on the glove box but is unreadable.
It is a 67 CST SWB 4x4 that was orginally a 292. It has many options but as i have taken it apart not all seem orginal to the truck. All the sheet metal is wasted and I am swaping out the cab and the rest of the sheet metal. That's why the questions:

All this relates directly to the 67 metioned above.
1. Did they come with in dash air and what differences from the 69-72

2. tilt (floor shifter) with a cruise turn stalk and transducer mounted on fender well but other than the speedo cable no other cruise parts, stock?

3. Any pictures of a 292 in a 4X4? have boxes of stuff but not enough strenth to mock everything up over and over. Need pictures of frame/engine mounts/brackets . Has 292 crossmember in it

4. If in dash air is factory A/C for a 292 what do the a/c brackets for the compressor look like

5. Didn't figure out the gear ratio's but both front and rear axles are posi, no tags on rears. Took covers off but doesn't look like any replacement was done, just fuild drained for mantainence

6. What row radiator would have been a heavyduty cooling option? 3 or 4 row and would it have a full shroud or the eyebrow one.

7. Doors need to be replaced because of rust, how can I punch not drill the CST emblem holes?

8. I need to replace 3 spring perches because of being bent, or broke off of the frame then welded back on. I have the perches, how can I make it look factory? Rerivet using ? or rosette weld it then grind down to look like a rivet.

9. Truck has tack and vacumm gauges, not orginal to the dash but it has been replaced. Factory option? If factory (tach) what redline for a 292?

Enough for now,
Thanks in advance
trying to do one restored in my life time. want everything to have been either orginal to the truck (good luck) or a an option available to this 67 292/4speed/SWB/4X4 truck.
Steve

Last edited by qksilver; 10-30-2006 at 09:11 PM.
qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote