The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Question about dressing up factory bench seats

Hi Gang,

I am almost ready to take my truck in to get the interior done (bench seat, carpets, panels, etc...)

Before I do that, I would like to change the bolts on the pivot point and stops of the bench seat.

On the pivot bolt, I was thinking of using threaded rod and then cap it off with a stainless cap nut, but for the seat stop, what is on there is a bolt with a nut, and i have not been able to come up with any ideas of what to use instead of the ugly bolt and nut.

Any if you that have redone your bench seats, did you do anything different for the hardware or just reused the old bolts?????

UPDATE added pictures. Looking at the driver side, you can see the head of one bolt going thru the arm of the back frame, and threads into the bottom frame. That is the pivet point bolt, ugly.... Then, if you look further up the arm of the back frame, you will see the welded on box that houses the welded nut for the bolt and nut used as the stop bolt.

Trying to find something different to dress up these two bolts, by replacing them with stainless bolts is the easiest, but just wondering if and what other options or ideas anyone else has used... Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by John Fabris; 11-03-2006 at 01:56 AM.
John Fabris is offline   Reply With Quote