The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
barn

help with a 68 c-10

hi, i bought a beatup 68 c-10 awhile ago. it has been having some problems but untill recently it ran well enough to drive.

the truck wouldnt start the other morning, i messed around with it for awhile and it still didnt start...later i went and bought some starter fluid and tried that. it would run as long as their was the starter fluid to burn..i tried it a bunch of times and then gave up.

i took a closer look and found a big screw missing on the underside of the carburator. its a rochester M monojet...anyways the thing seems to be falling apart. if anyone could recomend a new carburator for a 250 straight six, that would be great.

my two other big problems....one, is that sometimes...most of the time while driving i have to shift into 2nd before i can shift into first...if i dont it grinds. its a 3 speed shift on the column.

the other one ...two, is that exhaust fumes are leaking into the cab from the engine compartment. and im having a hard time telling where exactly its coming from.

if anyone could help me with one or more of the problems it would be appreciated
barn is offline   Reply With Quote