The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
Flatty

How to make a 4x4 ride smoother?

I have a pretty messed up neck (2 bulging disks due to being a wrestling coach), and I will be buying one of these trucks here in the next few months... I used to have a lifted 99 cummins truck that was bouncy as all get up. My neck would kill me on LONg drives. I have always wanted a 67-72 4x4 truck, and now is my chance to get one. I build rockcrawlers for a hobby and need a tow rig. Why not get one that looks great also. My wife and I are buying a house and I will need another truck for a "work" truck. Soooo.... Enough with the background, I need some advice

What are my options as far as getting a better ride out of a 4x4? I plan on a long bed. I want to throw a 4" lift (or so) under it. I want to run a set of 35" tires under the truck. Whatcan I do to the suspension to make it a BIT smoother of a ride? I know the usual stuff like new bushings, new leaf springs,... I also plan on towing with this truck. For teh rear springs I was thinking about running the stockers with a shackle flip. I know I can get about 4" out ofthat. How about the front end?

Thanks for the advice
Dima
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote