The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
cstanley

Blazer take-out seating set ups?

What are you blazer guys using for take-out seat set-ups? My thoughts go like this: on a blazer without a roll bar, how are you handling the front seats as they relate to seat belts? I like the look of the modern suburban/tahoe/truck buckets with integrated shoulder belts for safety. I think this is the best option for the front seats.

However, it doesn’t make entry into the back seats very manageable. In this case, the 2nd row tahoe/suburban seats make more sense, because the passenger one can be folded forward for access to the rear seats, but then you don’t get integrated seat belts, which means you have to install a roll bar (to attach shoulder belts) or you can only use shoulder belts when the top in on.

For the rear seat, I think the 3rd row burb/tahoe seats would work great. They have the integrated shoulder seat belts, and the split ones are easier to remove. My question there is how would/could you fab up the seat mounts? Would it be best to cut the section of floor out of the donor tahoe floor and graft it into the blazer floor, so that it includes all of the mounting pockets properly reinforced? Would it be better to just insert the mounting pockets themselves into the original blazer floor?

Does anyone have pics of your installs? I’m not looking for original seats. I want to see options that allow for integrated belts, easier rear access, mounting ideas, etc.

Seats i'm talking about are below.
1st pic is front seats.
2nd is middle seats (could be used for fronts)
3 & 4 are rear seats

i was also looking at Putter's post here

thanks, everyone!
Attached Images

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote