The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Broken_down?

Lights issues

Heres the deal,

So tweaker lady smashed into our taurus. And to top it she had no insurance and lied to the police about having it. I had uninsured motorist coverage so all is fine. Wife has serious neck issues right now but she is doing ok. They towed the car away today. But on the hind side of that ordeal I get to drive my baby again! Woohoo! But this is not how I wanted to start driving here again. Anyway on to my question.

Long time ago I noticed my blinkers and hazzards where working most of the time. So I climbed under the truck and it looked like a mouse/rat had chewed through the wires. So I rewired them back again. This is the set of wires that plug in behind the end of the bed in the frame rail right side. right before I parked her about 6 months ago I had picked up a new set of wires for under the steering column. Did not help. While under I noticed the half moom connector was melted with an actual small hole in it. I have not replaced it yet as I would likely have to buy a wireing harness. As of right now I have Head lights, Reverse Lights, High beams all lights in dash, cab light. The blinkers seem to have no power at all. When you try to turn it on nothing happens, same with hazzards. Checked and replaced fuses on all just in case. See attached for the melted connector image.

What could cause this? To much voltage? Also is there any harm in bypassing that connector and wiring direct? I know it is for the ability to channge the wiring and I do hope to buy a harness for the entire truck in a few months. But for the time being my arm is getting cold and wet using hand signals in the rain.

Thanks

Rich
Attached Images

WHY DO THEY CALL THEM JUNKYARDS ANYWAY??? I LIKE TO THINK OF IT AS A TREASURE HUNTING MISSION
Broken_down? is offline   Reply With Quote