The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
CMeGo10

Hey (Intro-ish)

Hey my name's Brent, I'm 16, car freak since born, been toying on them for forever now, I did all the work on my dad's 05 F-250, which is just a 4.5" lift, Chip install with monitor, air intake, and a 4" turbo back exhaust (I'll show some pics)

Now for me, I have a 1972 Chevy C-10 LWB with the original 350 (rebuilt) that I purchased September for $4,500 shipped to NC from TX. The 350 and the tranny only have about 1000 miles since the rebuild. There's a custom dual side exhaust, and the tailgate was shaved and the gas tanks was mounted in the bed. What you see in the pics is what I paid for, right now I'm redoing all the wiring and then I have to change the timing cover, cause it's leaking something. I'm also looking at buying a 383 kit which I don't know how good it is, so I'll need your opinions on it. After all that I'm gonna get to the pretty things, I have to recover the seats, so I found a cover on Brothers.com which I really like. Then I want to get it level to have a muscle look, I think a 4" lower in the rear will be way too much, so whatever you guys think and how much lower i need the front to make that level, so your opinions will be appreciated on that. Then I have a new stereo system coming in, and any direction on how to get a modern head unit in would be nice, I found the headliner with the speakers in it real nice, so I'm gonna buy that and 2 10" subs would be nice for me, along with the dash speaker. Then I'll be near done, hopefully I can get a cowl induction hood, cause I'm going for a muscle look. Since the pics were taken all I've done is just started re-wiring it, new brake cylinder, new Holley carb, and a new fuel pump & filter. new K&N 14x4" air intake, Any recommendations will be appreciated A LOT cause I'm new to the older car scene. Here's the link to the ebay auction for that 383 kit, tell me if you guys think it's any good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5059921&rd=1,1

Any suggestions on the lowering part would be great (and pics would be even better!)

And tips on hooking up a sound system would be great too.

Thanks,

Brent

CMeGo10 is offline   Reply With Quote