The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #1
Tom
driving is in my blood

Anyone else get problems like these?

Ok this is kinda a vent post, but I really do want to know if you guys go threw this trouble. Remember now I have to do all this by my self, even getting the tranny up [on a floor jack] cause theres no one to help me.

Problem #1- torque convertor is just a hair to far away, so I need shims. 3 days and 5 auto parts stores later I buy grade 8 washers at the hardware store and forget about trying to find the correct shims.

#2- New dipstick from GM dosent fit
#3- driveshaft is 2" too short. Driveshaft shop says its at max length for tube size and I can either find longer shaft from junkyard to cut down or make new one for $250.
#4- only 1pc longbed driveshaft I can find is $75. Plus shortining it cost another $70. Thats $145 to get a driveshaft that will fit.
#5- new crossmember location dosent work. Cat convertors are in the way. Right now the crossmember sits unbolted [not possable to bolt it down] on top of cat convertors with tranny resting on crossmember. How long it will hold? Who knows. Theres another $150 to re-do the exaust.

And I dont have enough to do all this. So my truck will sit, doing nothing for weeks. Im so glad I bought another automatic tranny.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote