The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
racerman85

Question Title problems, please help!

Hey guys. First off this is me and my dads first "real" project truck to restore, and we have never had problems with titles (most of the stuff we do is race car related)

What our problem is the guy we bought the truck from bought it at a swap meet for just the bed, and he didnt need/want the title because he was going to junk the rest of the truck. He decided not to use the bed because he found another one.

My dilemma is, the original owner is being non-responsive and we arent able to contact him to transfer the title from him. We are, however, still in touch with the guy we bought the truck from.

What do you think I should do? Buy another truck that has a title and vin plate and do a switch-up on the plates? OR maybe just switch up cabs if worse comes to worse? I looked into buying a new title, but its at least $500 and they arent doing any vehicles newer than 64' for right now. I'M SUNK!

Can anyone help me out? were willing to buy a 67' for just the vin plate and title, anywhere within 6 hours of south central PA. Short of doing that, does anyone have any other suggestions? We dont want to cheat the system, and I dont want to lose my truck.

This is pretty frustrating... Ideas?
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote