The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
BigFishBobby

I feel a bit duped here.....

I just bought this 69 C10 and I thinking I made a mistake. I realize there is going to be some things pop up unexpected, but geewiz. I have had this truck since Saturday and just keep finding what I find to be major problems (which I am hoping some of you can calm me down about).

Admittedly, this is my first older truck and I am not Mr. mechanic, but I want to be. The guy who sold it to me failed to mention (and I failed to notice which makes it worse) that water GUSHES into the cab on both sides when it rains from somewhere under the windshield seal (which is bad enough that I worry about the electrical stuff), the low beams do not function, the vent window on the driver side is broken, glove compartment push button is broke, and the master cylinder and wheel cylinders need replacing.

I understand that some things are going to inevitably be wrong with this truck with its age, and also that some of the items are VERY minor. The windshield is what is really worrying me. I fear that it is rusted out horribly under the windshield seal. Is this as major of a repair as I fear? Also, is there anyone local to me (Lakeland, FL) who would be kind enough to lend expertise and time to someone willing to learn and do the various repairs themself? I know I am asking alot, but this truck holds alot of sentimental value to me because my Dad bought it for me and he is battling emphazema.

By the way, this site is awesome. Thanks to everyone who contributes, as it is great reading for a newbie.
BigFishBobby is offline   Reply With Quote