The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
iluvmy72

different oil fixed the blow-by?!?!?!

My tired old 350 2 weeks ago had nothing but tons of blow-by when it started up.....I talked to my mechanic and he suggested that I change the oil with this combination.....he said to do an engine flush not once, but three times with a flush kit and standard valvoline oil each time......then he said to buy 2 bottles of valvoline max life and a bottle Mobile 1 synthetic and one bottle of Lucas oil stablizer. He said the Mobile 1 is awesome but it doesn't get the pistons lubbed like the maxx life can but he said the mobile one makes it a better oil. And the oil stableizer by Lucas thickens it. So I did all of that and wouldn't you know it, no more blow-by and I'm not burning oil like I was. It this a cheap trick or just something the engine was lacking. Because I can really feel the ponys and it runs so smooth now. I thought I was due for an engine rebuild. He also mentioned that a GM dealer is now using Max life and mobile 1 blend in their new cars once they reach the dealership. Anyone else heard of this?
iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote