The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
RoadRacer
Tire Shredder Extraordinaire

Newb here with some '68 project questions...

Hi all,

Just found this site today and registered - lots of great info and some gorgeous trucks here! Hope mine will turn out half as nice as some of the jewels here...

Anyway, I have a '68 C10 project just getting underway after sitting in storage for the last two years; figured it's time to build it or sell it, and I can't bear to let it go yet, so its time to break out the wallet.

Here's what has been done so far:
- Shortbed with a '93 Sportside bed, rear steps on bed are shaved
- Dropped 4" all around, discs in front, 5-lug hubs/axles, poly bushings
- Rear is new end-to-end with Moser axles, Eaton 3.73 posi
- Have NEW 357 ci 4-bolt small block, built for approx. 400-420 hp
- Muncie M21 4-speed

The pics below are as it came out of storage, and after I stripped the body to go to the body shop. Doing a full frame-off, with all new sheetmetal on the way, and putting the remainder of the build plan together came up with a couple of unknowns - anyone here have suggestions or comments on the following:

1) Seats. I want to put in some bucket seats instead of the bench. Without spending stupid money on aftermarket stuff, I've heard that Nissan Altima seats are a good option (plentiful and cheap). Seeing as how I'll have whatever I use reupholstered anyway, has anyone else used Altima seats, or are there some other recommendations out there?
2) Air conditioning (gets hot in South Fla). I'm looking at Vintage Air, Classic Auto Air, and Old Air Products systems. Any recommendations pro or con for any of these systems?

Sorry to have this first post run long, but thanks for any ideas.
Attached Images

RoadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote