The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #24
Stroker

Re: Lock your trucks in Seattle!

I remember watching a TV program about a guy that owned a small stereo shop that had a severe theft problem. So bad he could he was about to go bankrupt and could no longer get insurance for his business. He came up with a really neat system that worked. His shop already had an alarm system that alerted police but the responce time was like 6 minutes and they would be in and out before the police showed. He built a smoke generating system that didn't leave any residue and packaged it inside of a speaker. It was set up with a one minute delay and would smoke to the point there was no visibiliy in a about 15 seconds. Crooks broke in smoke went off and they could not find their way out. Police arrived and off to jail. I bet if someone was sitting in your truck and it instantly filled with smoke they wouldn't be there long. I always thought it would make a cool defense system for an auto. I'll have to see what it would take to build something like this. I know they make smoke generators that can fill the main deck of a 747 in a matter of seconds. I wonder if smaller units are available that would work in a vehical.