The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
mnunn454

Newbie From Rhode Island

Howdy all from Rhode Island.

I've owned my 69 C-10 almost 2 years now. It was a 25th anniversary gift from my very thoughtful wife who had (a) a credit card, (b) internet access to Ebay, and (c) too much time on her hands.

Don't get me wrong, I love the truck (Had a 283 powered 1961 SWB Stepside as a teenager and loved that one too, even as ugly as it was).

However I also own a 70 Elky and a 29 Model A. I only have a 2 car garage, and I'm in snow country. You get the picture. One of the 3 has to go, so I just loaded my "BBC Blue Baby" up on the "for sale" page. Breaks my heart.

I love working on these "easy to understand" vehicles. It's like me, simple.

The truck had a 325 horse 396 when I bought it. It was tired/underpowered, so I installed a gutsy 454 and boy did that make a HUGE difference. She rocks! Now I just love to feel and hear those two 11" wide skins squeel all the way through first and continue long into second. 'Gets my adrenaline pumping just thinking about it. Guess I'm a chronic muscle/motor head. Hope no cure is ever found.

Anyway, if it doesn't sell in the next several weeks, I'll be shuffling cars around and then rebuilding and customizing the truck's complete interior (like I see many of you are doing or have done already). If I go that way, I hope to have it done in time for the 2007 Cruising/Car show season, which starts in the late May/early June time frame.

Anyway, I'm glad to be aboard and am looking forward to picking your brains with all my "how-to" questions.

Mike
29 Model A 4-DR Sedan Deluxe
mnunn454 is offline   Reply With Quote