The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2002, 01:26 AM   #1
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Whooooooo HOoooooo!! :)

Well I have good news and good news....This is a first for me....dont know why that BAS%!#D Murphy didnt show up but he didnt!!

Got the tach all wired up and working... The colors like I said are awesome..only thing I dont like is the needle itself is not lit but no biggie..what do I expect for $70!! haha

But the shift light is killer, not too bright and bright enough to keep eyes on the road at all times! Its mounted in the bottom left corner of the windshield. Seems to be accurate and I need to give my self more credit, I guessed my old idle and shift points by ear...they were dead friggin on!!! 600-700 idle and redline about 5600-5700. not bad for an old fart huh?? hehe

Now the other good news....remember me whining about my fuel switch not working?? Well it turns out there was just a bad wire under the dash and I ran across it in the process...fixed it and now it works fine....just have to drain the tank tomorrow and put some additives in there and refill. Its been in there since the new engine and its 99%full so I should be ok.

Im a happy boy...went out and made a few passes to "test" the new tach..lol that was my excuse in case I got pulled over haha

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote