The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

one step closer..

so yesterday I was off due to rain so I says to myself, since Im already losing a couple hundred bucks just not going to work, I might as well spend another couple hundred bucks on my truck!

so I went down to earls performance and picked up 14' of -8 steel braided trans. cooler line.. so Ill plumb that sucker up today. the stuff is sweet, but 14' cost me $98.. It will be worth it though, Ill probably have to spend another 40 or so dollars on fittings for the transmission (th350) end.. the cooler end will just clamp on..

And while I was at it I took my too-long front driveshaft down the the driveline shop for a cut, weld, and balance. thats $80.... should be ready today though

so my truck is getting a little closer to being ready to play with. I wont even joke around with the word "done"

oh and a buddy of mine from work is a super duper cage/tubing pro and he said he would build me a roll cage before I get my new cab on and painted! we talked about it and its not going to be a full race cage or anything but its going to be a nice tight 4 point. Its gonna be sweet. but thats way off in the future. I have seen this guys work on his pre runner ranger, his bends and welds look like a machine did it.

ohhh and another guy I used to work with is hurtin for money so for $100 bucks he sold me his practically new kenwood mp3 cd player, now thats sitting on top of the two *****in amps that are all going to go in the truck.. things are starting to come together slowly but surely..

any thoughts on ideas for the roll cage or tranny cooler or anything? I have ideas in my head but more ideas = better

ugh and its still raining outside..

mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote