The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
magsnubby

Just joined up

I've been lurking for awhile, found lots of good info, so decided i might as well join up.

I kind of got out of trucks for awhile while i played with jeeps. I met a guy yesterday that was driving a '64 Chevy fleetside (black primer, slammed, a little rough around the edges but a sweet truck) that really got me fired up about doing another old truck. I drove trucks before they were considered cool. New ones, old ones or in between ones, there's been a truck in my driveway since 1973. I learned how to drive in a '56 Ford Custom Cab.

He came by today and picked up some rims i had for sale. We talked trucks for awhile, and when he left i went back to installing the roll pan on my '05 GMC Canyon. Nice truck but no soul. The pan was supposed to be a bolt on (yeah, i know) but there's noway it's gonna "bolt on". I'm thinking if this was my old '71 Cheyenne i would just weld it on, grind it down, bondo it, sand it, spray on some primer and be done with it. I need another old truck.

My nephew has a '58 stepside he wants to sell. Minus engine and tranny (set up for a V-8), about three shades of primer, slammed, ragged body and a Camero rearend. It was his driver until he put the engine in his dad's '71 Cheyenne. It needs cab coroners, rocker panels, one door patched and one door hinge pocket replaced. But it comes with a partical cab (somebody was gonna chop it and whacked the top off) that has good body parts.

On the plus side it's a complete truck (it was his daily driver), has a clear title, a Camero rearend and it comes with a complete Camero front clip. Soon as i work a deal it's coming home with me.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote