The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
dbcox

going to lok at a trade jeep for truck

Aguy called and wanted to maybe swap a 1983 3/4 ton chevy long bed w/4 speed on 38 with a 6 and 3 lift. for a 94 jeep wrangler 4cyl auto on 33 with 4.56 gears locker and.some extra stuff. I am going to look at it in a few weeks.does that sound like a good swap(on paper).I havent llooked at it yet. he didnt say anything was really wrong he drives it daily,he said the frontendwas out of line or a tire was out off balance,thats my first concern a out of balance 38 swamper would shake your teeth out,if its out of line can it just be toe in or out without something being bent.why hasnt he fixed it if he is driving it? power sterring pump has a small leak,no dash cracks tires are new,one small rust spot on the door. I have a Had a few of these trucks a 76,87 blazer ,82 swb and i built al of them . Is there any thing else i may be needing to lok at that i havent thought about. I can tell alot when i drive it but i was concerned about the front end.He sent me a pict it is a good looking truck. i will work and hunt out of it. Any ideas THANKS
dbcox is offline   Reply With Quote