The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
milehightoyz
AttentionDeficitDisorder

Lifting an 86 Chevy Crew Cab 1 ton Dually 4X4???

Hi Guys, had no luck finding info on lifting a dually. Building slammed/bagged 2wd trucks,burbs and duallies are more my forte, and I never thought I'd ever own a 4x4. Anyhow, I had to break down and buy one to get me through this crazy winter as everything I drive is currently buried in snow somewhere.

Long story short I scored a good deal on an 86 crew cab chevy 4x4 dually, rebuilt 454/4speed manual etc. By nature, I cant leave anything alone and if I cant put it in the weeds, I need it up in the sky. Any ideas, on lift springs? Everyrthing I see on ebay listed for 73-87 seems to be exclusive to 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton? I assume I could use 3/4 ton front lift springs and blocks on the rear? is this correct? Will I need special U-bolts made for the front lift springs or will the stock ones work? Im thinking 6" suspension, 3" body on 315/75/16s? if anyones got any info or pics of lifted duallies to help me visualize that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by milehightoyz; 01-24-2007 at 12:04 AM.
milehightoyz is offline   Reply With Quote