The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
KMK454

First cruise night... loving my truck. A few pics...

Well, I never thought it would happen, but one week and 2 full detailing sessions later, I'm completely loving a truck. With an automatic transmission, no less. What has happened to me?

But it's true, old Chevy trucks are awesome, and I'm officially hooked.

I detailed the truck and took it to a Saturday night "cruise-in" at a local Sonic. There were many cars that came and went all night...

Surprisingly, this old 78 Silverado got a lot of attention. The coolest part was how everyone would come up to me and share an experience they had with a 73 - 87 truck. One guy came up to me and said how much he hated my truck because his dad had a black 80 Silverado on the farm, so my truck brings back memories of hard weekends working the fields. I also received my third offer in just one week on the truck! Crazy.

I think most people liked the fact that it was so original. Here are a few snapshots, sorry for the darkness. I didn't have my camera out all night, so I only photographed a few of the rides:

71 C10, Studebaker, Model A, Solstice, Silverado:

Corvair Pickup:

71 C10, 350:

Have to do something about that rusty pipe:

So far the truck has been great. My only issues are a horn that won't work and sometimes the engine gets fuel starved and dies (usually when the tank is very low or I brake heavily on hills). I think that is due mostly to the small 12 gallon tank that splashes about. When it is low and the road is bumpy, I can watch the fuel needle move back and forth.

Also, I suspect I have an exhaust leak between the header and the block. Not sure how serious of a problem this is... and I think my AC Compressor needs some work (there was some splatter on the front fender by it suggesting it loses fluid when turned on). Hard to tell in the winter though...
1991 Camaro B4C
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote