The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
tkeduk8r

Good Find w/ pics!!! 72 Custom 20 36K original I think!!!

Well it is definetly funny how when your not looking, a guy stumbles into things... I was at a garage tour last weekend with a car club i am thinking about joining and one of the members heard i was into these trucks... mentions a 72 he has in his yard with 39K original miles on it and wonders if i am int he market for one... "not really" but ill take a peek at it anyway... so i drove out there last sunday since i was in the area anyway and stop in... story goes guy and his wife buy the truck and camper brand new in spring of 72 and use it for summer camping with their son the next two years. in summer of 74 his wife was diagnosed w/cancer and didnt camp with the truck while she was ill... she dies in 76 and he loses interest and parks the truck behind their place... guys son takes an interest in the truck when he gets older and was going to get the truck when he had room for it... son buys house in 92, but before he manges to pick up the pickup he is killed in a car accident... truck sits behind guys house for next 5 years until the city passes an ordinace on seldom used vehicles in yards and guy then drives truck over to his freinds place up here where it currently sits in late '97.... a brush fire in 2002 almost burns the truck up (thats the black soot in the pics) and was last started in 2003. It may be the cleanest rust free original truck I have ever seen up here in MN... I believe the miles, but it does have the "grandpa" package installed byt he origianl owner with the various fog lights, bug deflector, aftermarket cruise control, homemade bat tray, roll up seatbelts etc., but still wears the original laquer paint, hubcaps and bias plys. The slots were purchased two weeks before his wifes cancer was diagnosed and never installed (note the nubbies still there), and the original tailgate was removed when the camper was installed and he still has it in his gargage... Im in the process of saving up money to buy this thing sometime in spring, easier to go through it when it is warmer (-9 here in Alex as I type), but I wanted to share the pics with you folks... oh and by the way im done with my classes at the U of M (funding got cut and 900+ for doc credits is a little pricy) so im back in Alex and i should have more time to participate in board stuff again!!! Enjoy the pics....
Attached Images

68 Buick Skylark Custom Conv., 350/TH400/2.56 In our family since '79
69 GMC 1500 SWB 2WD, 350/TH350/3.73 posi...
70 K10 SWB 4X4 4-sp,ps, pb, tilt, buckets, console, sliding back window (Need AC parts) WIP
72 Chevy K20 4x4 350/350/205/4.56 donor
72 Vette 350/M21/3.70 posi, triple black and super fast
84 Olds Cutlass Brougham 350/2004r/4.11 was Dad's
tkeduk8r is offline   Reply With Quote