The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
byrd
Union Electrician

WIW 67 & 72 long step parts trucks??

I went and looked at two pretty rough long step trucks today, I haven't never seen one in person and got to look at two today Anyway both a v8 3 on the tree no power basic trucks. The 67 is suppossed to be his granpas truacka nd been in the family since new and the milage (I didnlt look) is sadi to be original. The cab is a small window 6 lug has decent rear fenders and the front fenders are savagable, doors are iffy, the grill is pushed in in the center just slightly, and the cab is pretty well shot. The motor knocks, and looks like a 307??, but has a good front bumper and the tailgate looks fair from a glance. THe visor are in the cab is clean although the firewall is pretty rough. The other one is a 72 GMC v8 350 3 on the tree, no power. It is suppossed to run, but needs a carb says was rebuilt and has about 25-30K on on it. The front clip is pretty nice and it looks like the grill is good and straight, although it has a little indention in the middle in between the middle and lower bar but it looks stock to me, but I don't know. It has 5 lug, disc brakes, fairly new exhaust, but the rear fenders are rusty on the bottom and the door bottoms are mostly gone, but not past where you could patch them and they are the correct 72 doors.I forgot to mention both cabs floor are really rusty and both cabs supports are rusty as well, the 72 has quite a bit of vior area rust as well. Anyway the guy is kinda hurting and I don't need them , but thought I could part them and make a little $$, so what do you guys think they are worth as parts truck? I would really appreciate any input you would like to share.
Randy
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors

Last edited by byrd; 02-09-2007 at 11:41 PM.
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote