The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
meaniam

better then a barn yard find

alright here is my 1971 swb w/fatory air. i call this better then a bard yard fine, as this truck was found when i was driving in Running Springs Ca, I had to have it when i saw it. here is the sory on it this truck i bought from the original owner family. the sun who is a retired firefighter inhierted this truck in 1992 from his father after he had passed. the son took it and immediatly dropped it of in el cajon to have it repainted. and cleaned up. 8 months later he picked it up and drove it up the mountains to home where he parked it in a heated garage where it sat tell the day i bought it. on occasion. the guy would fire it up and take it down the street and then repark it. i eneded up finding the build seat under the seat. made copies and sealed 1 copy and the original in plastic cover and then replaced it. after talking to the previous owner i knew he had all the paper work on the truck. so i asked for him to drop it off. he did and inside it i found the protecto plate. and paper work dating all the way back to date of original deliver in 1971 including the deliver inspetion sheet. this truck had never left the state of california.

so getting down to my inspection of the truck here is what i found. no previous body work done. the paint job was done using original color except i think it was also white suppose to be on there somewhere. me and 6 friends went thru this truck from roof to floor board bumper to bumper not a lick of rust anywhere and the floor still wear original paint and is super clean no oil no stains nothing. the trans a turbo 350 i belive to be number matching just cant prove yet . does have a small leak. the engine is a 350 agian i belive # matching. i just need to remove alt. or get maginifing glass to read the numbers looks all great runs well. it is a 4 barrel 350. i also belive carb is matching. the ca emmission sticker says it is a stock 350 4 brl. the a/c is all there the clutch on the condinser and maybe the whole thing needs rebuilt. it is all still un touched. the dash has never been cut and interior looks all new.

i bought this truck as an investment with the intention to turn around and sell.
im guessing but i belive 20 k is where it will sell. I am 100% confident it wont last at 15k. and i know i wont go below that. id rather hold it.

1. what do you think it is worth max and lowest

2. what do you think i should do with it?

3. what about lowering it 2-3 inchs?

4. arent those rims horrible, do you think they will look better if it was lowerd?

5. when i take this to pomona swap meet should i remove the bed shell?should i just remove it now

6. do you see any problems. some people have said it looked to be a cst custom. how can you tell? and what do i need.

this ? is the most difficult the seat is bright blue it has is the walrus or vial with scrollin stamped into it but it also has what appears to be a blue cloth kind of material. it doesnt appear to be pladed or hoodstooth. but agian it maybe to worn and i am not getting cover off enough to look at it? ill try to get a quick pictue. what is this and where can i find a reproduction seat covers?

thanks mike
meaniam is offline   Reply With Quote