The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
craftsworker

worked on the truck today

Today i did alot of work on the truck,new water pump ,new fan w/clutch,new hoses and t- stat,new shroud,new fuel pump and lines,new plug wires and plugs,cs- 130 alternator conversion.i thought it came out pretty good.what a huge difference that alt conversion makes,i had a 63 amp in there before and would barely kick out 14 volts running down the road,this new one and the rewire really cranks,i bought the kit from mad electrical plus a few extra terminal blocks and some other odds and ends.i been accumalating alot of these parts for about 6 or 8 months but today was finally the day.lol,the mad kit by itself is a pretty good kit but anyone whos,thinking about it should at least get an extra terminal block and add it to the kit and maybe some extra wire,when i was done i checked voltage at 4 locations and was 14.5 at all locations at idle!!!!! tooo cool.used to be on a rainy day with defroster,wipers,lights on it was around 11 volts.

all in all i am pretty happy with the results, heres a couple of pics
Attached Images