The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #37
TierAngst

Re: Where did you find your first truck????

First truck: 81 chevy 1500 w/ 305 and a busted trans (forward and reverse only) $200
My dad brought it home for me as a surprise gift when I was about to turn 16, drove it around a field for a while but couldn't afford to fix a transmission so I sold it for $300 with not an extra dime in it.

First 67-72: Just bought a 69 GMC 350 auto LWB $2500 arizona truck
I'm slightly impulsive... I'm here in AZ tdy for 5 weeks for training and was talking to my instructor about vehicles and he said he had just bought a 70 GMC. Told him I had always wanted one and wanted to check it out so went out after class and gave it a once over. Went home with GMC's on my mind and thought I'd check the local listings and only came up with the one truck listed for $5300, had a nice picture attached and a few decent mods listed. Went to check it out and it was much rougher than anticipated but runs/drives and had zero rust. Offered them 2k after they said they wanted 4k and managed to pick it up for the $2500 listed above

20 years old and this is my 10th vehicle :-P
Will be giving this truck to Pa after I fix it up a bit and he moves out of the rust belt, then finding myself a 67 SWB GMC.
TierAngst is offline   Reply With Quote