The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
playinsafe44

i have rust

both of my front cab mounts need to be replaced. im not to worried about the actual metal replacement, but i really want to make sure its level and my doors are as good as they can be. in the lower right hand corner of my picture you can see the spot the cab broke. its sitting about an inch or two lower on the passener side. the middle of my toeboard is sitting on my transmission, and the drivers side is on its last leg. the forward half of my rockers need to be replaced too. everything from around the front edge of the battery box back is really solid on this cab, so i might be able to reference off of it. i dont know the best route to approach this project. im guessing to just try and position the cab as a guess of where is should be in relation to the frame, brace it, fix the rocker, and then replace the cab mount. im just guessing about how i should do this. im in the military and taking a full 30 days of leave just for this project. so for a month my full time job will be this rust problem. so im trying to gain as much knowledge as i can from everyone. i know that looking for a knew cab would probably be a better choice, but i know this is fixable and i couldnt throw it away. any advice would be great, thanks.

playinsafe44 is offline   Reply With Quote