The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
jimmy g

Please help, i bought a 40 year old street truck and i have no idea where to start

Hey guys, this is my first post and I need every bit of input i can get. I bought a 67 chevy c10, new 383/(or jst a 350 I cant tell) a weind sigle plane intake, holley 750, aluminum roller rockers, HEI distributer with 50000 volt coil and module, b&m quicksilver ratchet shifter, 3.73 gears, th700r4 tranny, headman headers, flowmaster exhaust, fuel cell with sending unit, and a carter performance fuel pump. Sounds ok right? I have no idea what any of that stuff really is. I have been researching it heaily, so im not totally stupid but pretty close. The body is pretty rough, it looks good from about 25 feet. Then you get closer than that and you realize that a monkey on cocaine did the paint job. Its pretty rough. Ill post pictures if you guys think it will help. I have three crucial problems. I have to get my left turn signals to work. Checked the bulbs they were good and started with the wiring to day. 2. My speedometer is not plgged into my tranny, i think i need and adapter of sorts, have no idea where to look. 3. I have to replace my hood. Whoever had this before created some unholy union of sheet metal and Bondo to make their own cowl induction.

So lets recap:
I need some help understanding the gravity of the projectIi have undertaken
My left turn signals dont work. It would be really cool if someone knew what is going on.
I need some sort of gadget that adapts my speedo line to my tranny, it is a TH700R4.
Anybody within a couple hundred miles of Destin/Fort Walton Beach area got a hood for sale, or a place I can get one for less than $500.
Thanks again