The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Farmtruck71

Re: 638 cid Big Block in a 69 CST/10 Shortbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt31 View Post
Wow, that's a lot of horses to the back wheels. That's the block I'm looking at, so you're running the stock rear end, gears, and suspension and it holds it? What kind of tranny are you running? Does your 502 idle smooth or not? How does it get around on the street, like from stoplights and such during normal driving? I want to be able to drive the thing, I just want the "impressive factor" there when I need it. I live in a small town and people around here are scared to death of anything that has a big block in it, let alone a 638cid Big Block, so it'd be the top dog around here when I get it built.
when it made that hp number it had a 275 shot, it now has a 350 shot going through the NOS Big Shot plate. The rearend is the stock 12bolt with a detroit locker,3.73. gears,stock axles,and i run 29.5x10.5"S" slick. The tranny is a turbo 350 with a full manual valve body,4" race pan, and a Neal Chance bolt 2gether convertor. As far as how it idles, it idles good,very crisp,clean sounding,and the cam is around 700 lift with the 1.8 Jesel shaft mounted rocker arms thats on it. My truck is pump gas friendly, last summer i used to drive it all the time around town, going to cruise nights, its a blast to see the look on peoples faces when you pull up behind them in traffic and their rear view mirror is shaking.
Here is a short vid
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...5b88d75b10.htm

Last edited by Farmtruck71; 02-28-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Farmtruck71 is offline   Reply With Quote