The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
67Mach1

Truck Question? What should I do

Here is the situation... I am lucky enough that my wife makes 3/4 of the income of the family and I can pretty much have most any toy I want. Which is why i have so many trucks and parts trucks right now. DINKS that we are.

Well she recently lost her job and is having trouble finding another one. I've offered to sell some of my trucks to help while she looks. (we have savings but dont want to use it up and have already altered our spending habits quite a bit)

I've sold a short bed last week and now have two decent long beds w/out engines or trans, and two short bed frames one with step bed one with wide bed. I have enough parts to build the two short beds and one long bed having one I6 Truck one 350/350 truck and one 454/400 truck.

Should I turn the two long beds(best Cabs and front ends) onto the short frames or simply install motors/transmissions in the long beds and sell them?

I think I'll get more bang for my buck out of short beds but we are talking major swaping of components vs an engine install.

Neither are what I would consider pristine, both would be drivers but beds would not match the cabs if I did the swap.

Of course I can always sell my suburban if it comes down to it... Just trying to reduce what I have, help the family, and not spend weeks/months doing it to only get a marginal return on my investment.

Thanks for hearing me out and I will go back and clean this ting up after I take a break....

Thomas

67 GMC Shortbed 454 Project
more junk and most of it
is for sale

Last edited by 67Mach1; 03-07-2007 at 08:36 PM.
67Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote