The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

14 month K10 Build thread!

I scanned some of my build pics today! I guess I have posted a couple pics of what it looks like now, so I thought I would share some of the earlier ones. I found the Truck Trader ad the truck was in as well. The ad came out 3/11/97 and I bought the truck two days later.

A couple weeks after this I sold my Jeep CJ with intentions of spending the cash on painting my K10. I dropped it off at the shop with high hopes of riding pretty in short order. Well about a week goes by and I get a call "Come get this piece of $h!T it ain't worth fixin!" It turns out that there isn't a good panel on the truck aside from the hood and the roof!

Rocker panels and cab corners are easy enough to come up with as well as cab floor supports. Patches are made for the floor and the doors are skinned since replacements can't be found.

Another complete truck is bought just for it's bedsides.

The center of one floor (which was straight but rusted around the edges) was welded to the edges of another floor (which was rust free but a tad wavy).

Once the beds panels were satisfactory they were painted everywhere they were to be bolted together. Once the paint dried a sealant/caulk(?) was applied to the panels before they were bolted together.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote