The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
72step

UPDATE!!--Quick Fuel Carb after defective BG Demon

I posted weekend before last about what junk BG Demon Carbs are after I got two in a row defective brand new Demon Carbs from Jegs. By the way, Jegs has great customer service. They never asked a question on any of my returns.
Well, I returned the 2nd defective Speed Demon 650 and decided on a 650 Mech, Quick Fuel Q-Series which has a Proform main body, and is basically a modified Holley Ultra HP, and is more of a performance carb. To make a long story short, I installed the QuickFuel out of the box and it's running just as good if not better than the first Demon I got which ran good but leaked gas. This carb I haven't even touched with the screwdriver, and it ran better than that first Demon and that Demon I spent some time on tuning it in. The QuickFuel seems to be a little meaner, and that's with the Vacuum from my tranny disconnected because I need a longer piece of vacuum hose so it was idling kinda funny. The QuickFuel carbs are engine tested and it shows cuz everything is pretty much on. Of course I'll probably fine tune the idle mixture, but the floats are good. Oh, and the red billet metering blocks and baseplate look real sharp! All I can say is I'm a happy camper with the Q-Series, and Jegs has 100% Customer Satisfaction and I can atest to that!!

Last edited by 72step; 03-21-2007 at 12:30 AM.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote