The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
super72bb

Help... What's it worth?

Thanks for looking, some of you may have seen this in the Trucks for sale forum. I have not had it advertised yet aside from on the board here. I am planning to put it up for sale in the local auto trader very soon. So the Big Q...

How much should I ask for it?

I dont want to make this thread to long but this may answer some valid questions before hand. Thanks for any help and suggestions

Curtis

1972 Cheyenne Super 4x4 Shortbed. It is kept it in my heated Garage, I just backed it out the other day to snap a couple of pictures.

I have owned the truck for about a year and a half. I have only put about 1200 miles on it myself. The truck was used as a fair weather/ daily driver by the last owner. I have been slowly picking away at correcting the little issues it had. Here is a list of some of the things that I have done or replaced on it in the last year and a half.

1)Removed a 4" lift and installed a 2" EZ Ride spring kit. The kit included all Greasable spring eye bolts and Nitro gas shocks.
2)New Tires
3)New brakes... Pads, calipers and I used Wagner "high Quality Rotors" front end was gone through.
4) heater core
5)Recored radiator (4 Core)
6)New battery
7)installed a new oil pan gasket to fix leak
8)rebuilt the power steering pump
9)totally rebuilt to show quality standards factory Q-jet (not installed yet)
10)new exhaust installed
11)new water pump
12)new battery
13)New houndstooth seat cover, I used the new bench bottom seat foam from American Cushion.
14)new black carpet

This truck is all original #'s matching with the exception of the new 2" EZ ride lift and the Ralley wheels & tires. It has a 350 4 speed posi rear ends, tilt steering Tach. The Odometer shows 71,000 original miles. This is claimed to be the total actual mileage. A real survivor.

The last thing I just completed was a complete detailing of the engine compartment and front clip. I removed the inner fender wells and Rad support along with numerous other parts in the engine compartment. Everything was stripped and professionally powder coated Semi Gloss black.
Attached Images

My build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7120181
super72bb is offline   Reply With Quote