The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
ChevyDude

More Progress on Lil' Red, two steps forward, three steps back.

Sunday was a day of cowl /fender fitting, aligning the hood gaps and a day of compromises. I could squeese the life out of my first painter for not test fitting everything prior to his paint he layed down. With aftermarket fenders, inner fenders and hood, original cowl and radiator support and doors....there is some reall fitment issues and compromises that you will encounter. We nicked the edge of the cowl with the hood when closing and opening for gaps. So I've got some touch up issues. Also when aligning do not do it while the truck is on jack stands! When I set it back on it's wheels and suspention the gaps changed...so I still need to dink with the cowl and hood. The hood gaps with the fenders are not as tight as I would have liked them but like I said compromises will have to be made. She's going to end up a very nice looking girl...just have to keep pluggin' a putting her back together. Doors and finish her one piece power windows is next.

Here is what she looks like with the cowl and hood down , Chrome rally's with derby caps.
Attached Images

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4

Last edited by ChevyDude; 03-26-2007 at 10:19 AM.
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote