The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Jonesy
going no where fast

Help me build my truck

Alright first a little background. I bought a 69 C10 from a friend about 5 years ago for $400 with the intentions of fixing it up for a daily driver. Well college happened and the truck has been sitting for the past few years. I had bought a 68 K20 at one point with the intentions of swapping bodies but sold the truck to pay for school. Well I've finally decided to get my butt in gear and do something with it. I'm selling my daily driver at the moment (2000 GMC K2500) and buying a streetbike and using the 69 for daily duties.

The truck has all the typical rust, cab corners, rockers, cab supports and lots of surface rust. I want to go with a rat rod/shop truck style for the truck, so a super straight body and high dollar paint aren't in the plans. I do however want it to handle very well, and be respectably quick.

Right now the truck has the original 250 straight six and a three on the tree that is worn out. I want to move the 3 spd to the floor and drop a mild small block in. Other upgrades are to power discs, lower it down some, bodywork (maybe).

First priority is being painted, but then I want to build a small block, and this is where I need your help. I know quads and bikes but am lost when it comes the v8's. I would like 300-325 hp if that isn't to hard. I have a 71 4 bolt 350 that is complete to begin working with. If you had about $1K to work with what would you do to the motor. Also are the $70 floor shift conversion kits at autozone worth anything, or are there other companies that make a little better quality one, but don't cost a mint.

Pics to come as soon as my new camera arrives.

Thanks
Jonesy
1995 Jeep ZJ - The off road beast

Last edited by Jonesy; 03-26-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote